Hey everyone,

Just getting my feet wet with WiX. I've been working my way through the
documentation and the online tutorial the past few days, but so far I've
not been able to figure out if WiX has the ability to create anything
like a global, reusable property, and if so, how are they applied? For
example, what I would like to do, is create a property whose value can
be referenced from various other places within the installer source file
(.wxs). So, something like the following...

<!-- Declare the property -->
<Property Id="MyApplicationName" Value="My Cool Application" />

<!-- Now reference/use that property -->
<Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="TDir" LongName="TargetDirectory">
    <Directory Id="ProgramFilesFolder" Name="PFiles" LongName="Program
Files">
        <Directory Id="INSTALLDIR" Name="MyAppDir"
LongName="{I.Want.To.Insert.My.Property.Value.Here...How.Do.I.Do.That?}"

        </Directory
    </Directory>
</Directory>

// YEX //

// Bob Yexley
// Contractor / Software Engineer [Extreme Consulting]
// LexisNexis - Risk & Information Analytics Group (RIAG)
// 937.865.6800 ext. 58655
// [EMAIL PROTECTED]