No icons for me yet. I copied the 3 lines in my wxs and placed a .ico file
in the same place where I had wxs and set the SourceFile value as the
filename

Why dont I see any icons?

On 3/26/07, Bob Whiton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Thanks for the responses.  I finally figured out how to do it with Rob's
tip...

 <!--Set the icon for the msi and Add/Remove programs-->
 <Icon Id='LinkedCells.exe' SourceFile='Installer\LinkedCells_16x16.ico'/>
 <Property Id="ARPPRODUCTICON" Value="LinkedCells.exe" />
 <Property Id="ALLUSERS" Value="1"/>

A few things that first tripped me up:
1.  The Id for the Icon element must end in '.exe' (i.e. LinkedCells.exe)
2.  You must have an ARPRODUCTICON property with its value set to the Id
in step 1 above
3.  You must have the ALLUSERS property set to 1 in order for this to show
up... see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q258558/

That last one took me awhile!

Thanks,
Bob