When I first started off with installer, I was thinking of using NSIS too,
but I guess if you want to save on time and effort, go with visual studio
setup project, set your pre-requisites i.e all ur other MSIs, u can
configure these MSI's to be installed from ur own server or a particular
location. This setup.exe that you would create like this, can also be
configured to download ur actual MSI at runtime.

The result. Your user download this Setup.exe, it checks dependencies, and
if required, downloads and installs them, then it downloads ur MSI and
installs ur app.

You can can also place everything in 1 directory, make a self extracting
archive out of it (using WinRar) and have 1 big bulky Setup.exe

- Nitin

On 3/27/07, Justin Dearing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The page is here:

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Embedding_other_installers

On 3/26/07, Justin Dearing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> May I suggest using the Nullsoft Scriptable Installer System (NSIS) to
> Embed other installers. NSIS is the polar opposite of WiX, its a
> simple scripting language that runs in a linear fashion. I have
> written a page on their wiki that demonstrates how embed MSI as well
> as other installer types into the installer. I should note that my
> examples do not Remove the installer files after executing them,
> however this is trivial. Just call the Delete Method after making the
> system call to msiexec.
>
> On 3/26/07, Mike Dimmick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You need a bootstrapper application to install the MSIs in sequence.
You