I am curious on peoples thoughts of how to treat help2 content. I have
the component per file working but it causes the msi to really explode
in size (plus the LGHT1076 warnings due to length of names) and I still
have source files to add to the assembly for which I am generating an
msi. It seems that the common wisdom is that the file per component
allows incremental update/removal of parts of an msi. However, in this
case this is really not what I think you would want since the xml
documentation is only valid per compile of the source and hence should
be treated as a single component (i.e. you would not break help one
format [chm] files out and treat its files as individual components). My
thought is to just zip the help content into a single file and then use
a custom action to unzip the content in the directory once extracted.

What is the communities thoughts on this?

Don Eddleman
Principal Enterprise Architect
> Healthways - The Health/Care Trust Channel
Office: 615-263-3702
Cell: 615-830-0561

This email contains confidential and proprietary information and is not to be
used
or disclosed to anyone other than the named recipient of this email,
and is to be used only for the intended purpose of this communication.