Is there a switch to tell it to use Relative Paths for the Source Attribute or
is that search and replace time?

  Btw, -gg isn't documented when you say heat /?   Where is that documented?

Jared Ashman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Not sure about the Votive information, but if you pass -gg to heat as an
option it will generate guids for you instead of inserting the "PUT-GUID-HERE"
message.

  On 6/8/07, Christopher Painter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:    I've been
playing with Votive and I really like the way it plugs into VS and uses
MSBuild.  My installs are primarily InstallShield based, and they will remain
that way, but I would like to break some of the xcopy type logic out into
seperate merge modules and let developers maintain them.

  My developers looked at Votive and basically said that they have no intention
of entering raw xml to maintaing the dir/file trees associated with these merge
modules.

  Will Votive ever have a Right Click | View Designer feature?   The perfect
tool for me would take the VS features the Votive already has and give a vey
simple drag and drop approach to directory structure creation similar to the
way VDPROJ does it.

  The tool would need to automaically generate relative path file links and be
very careful to not let developers do stupid things.  We are trying to support
minor upgrades so features like `deprecate file`  to cause transitive style
puncturing of components would be really good.

  I tried playing with heat but my developer don't want to have to use the
command line and they want to be able to easily add and remove from the tree as
needed.

  Eitherway I have a question about heat.... I notice that it sets components
to Guid="PUT-GUID-HERE" and uses absolute paths instead of relative paths in
the Source attribute.   When you import a large directory structure, whats the
easiest way to update those?  It seems very annonying to have to go through
hundreds of these to get an WXS file that will properly work.