My team is currently converting our internal tool that is based on msimsp (WiX
1.0) to use WiX 2.0.

One issue we wanted to correct is how our internal tool is able to insert a new
assembly into the BOM during the creation of the MSP.  Currently it handles
only native code binaries for this scenario.

Based on the MSDN guidance, we are adding the Assembly Manifest tag in the
".wxs" which is authored by the tool.

We are getting errors stating "Assembly tag is not supported". Where can we get
the story on how to deliver additional assembly (GAC'd) files (not originally
in the RTM product) via an MSP?