Gaurav Tiwari, HCL-Industry Solutions wrote:

We tried updating an existing MSI using WIX 2.0 but I wasn't able to find out the way to do it. Please suggest how we can update the existing MSI. Is any such functionality is there in WIX 2.0.

Patches are based on the differences between two MSIs. You can try building the upgrade version of your MSI with WiX v2, which supports .NET assemblies, but it's likely to create a very different MSI which might not produce a good patch. You might want to investigate additional tooling to directly update a copy of your target MSI rather than trying to build a new version of the MSI with a very different version of the toolset.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/