Hello,

I'm reading a DWORD value from the registry using RegistrySearch. (WiX
3.0.2925.0)

<Property Id="DA_VER">
  <RegistrySearch Id='DaVer' Type='raw' Root='HKLM' Name='Version'

Key='SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FooSoft 1.0' />
</Property>

I understand DA_VER is an empty string if "Version" isn't found. If it is
found, DA_VER will start with '#' followed by the value of Version.

I want to bail out of the install if the DWORD value doesn't exist. I've tried
the following and none of them work.

<Condition Message='Install aborted.'> NOT DA_VER </Condition>

<Condition Message='Install aborted.'> DA_VER = "" </Condition>

<Condition Message='Install aborted.'> NOT (DA_VER << "#") </Condition> (This
doesn't even compile)

Any ideas/suggestions?

I'm assuming all the Windows Install Conditional Statement Syntax (see:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368012.aspx) is valid in WiX.

Thanks,
Mike