I would suggest considering
http://www.devage.com/Wiki/ViewArticle.aspx?name=dotnetinstaller&version=0
dotNetInstaller .  In addition to supporting prerequisite installations of
the .NET Framework, it also supports installing other prerequisites such as
SQL Express.  There is also a GUI to help with creating the bootstrapper
configuration.  Additionally, the source code is available for download.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Matthew