Hi Sergie,

        I'm just starting out on WiX as well so take what I say with a pinch
of salt but ... You can use tallow
(http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/lesson5.php#5.2) However IMHO it's
not pretty as you have to do a fair bit of manual fixing.

        I was surprised that this was missing as well and asked if there were
any plans / requirements docs etc. for writing/completing tallow but
didn't get a response when I posted to the wix-users
http://www.mail-archive.com/wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg11554.html

        I'm in the process of writing an ant task so I can use it to generate
fragements from dir sets ... I'm literally writing it as we speak so
far it's following the pattern below

     <tallow guidCommand="guidgen.exe" dir="." componentGroup="Core"
fragmentFileName="Core_frag.wxa" fragmentRoot="INSTALLDIR">

       <!-- specify files under the same directory hierarchies -->

       <!-- j15 mapped to jre15 -->
       <dirGroup dir="${stage.dir}/j15" prefix="jre15">
          <resourceSet location="${stage.dir}/j15">
             <fileset dir="${stage.dir}/j15" casesensitive="yes">
                <include name="**/*"/>
             </fileset>
          </resourceSet>
       </dirGroup>

    </tallow>

        Idea being that you create you fragment Core_fraq.wxa by listing
<dirGroup> and specifying the files you need.  The result should be a
component group called Core which contains refs to all the Components
specified in the dirGroup elements.  One component per directory.

kind regards,

Kaveh.