Justin

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sergei
Shelukhin
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 12:15 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Wix/VS+Votive - adding all files in a directory to a
project?

Hi.
I wonder if there's something similar to "Project output" concept for Wix
setup projects created using Votive.

We are currently using Web setup project followed by  Custom Action that is
used to do most of the work to deploy a big ASP.NET application. We are
considering moving the deployment to either WiX or a completely custom tool
because of the utter lack of functionality in Web Setup projects.

The problem is that the project has hundreds of files in a complicated
subdirectory tree in several separate projects and files are constantly
added, removed and moved around from version to version.  Web setup has the
advantage of packaging all the required files  easily, I wonder if this is
available for WiX.

Application is basically a monolithic entity and the update includes the
removal of most files (apart from maybe 3-5 files and 1-2 subdirectories)
and  redeployment of the new ones so we don't care about component
versioning problems.