> Our software package needs to register an Active X Control.
> Currently I do it with the following:
>
> ---
>     <Property Id='REGSVR'>regsvr32.exe</Property>
>
>      <CustomAction Id="RegisterOCX" Return="asyncNoWait"
> Property="REGSVR" ExeCommand='/s "[INSTALLDIR]MyControl.ocx"' />

> Should I be following another method to register the OCX so
> it consistently registers?

Brad,

A much better approach is to extract the registry entries that your OCX
creates and create the registry entries directly from your installer.
WiX 2 includes a utility 'tallow' [1] and WiX 3 a utility called 'heat'
[2] that will do most of the work for you.

Regards,
John

[1]
http://blogs.conchango.com/stuartpreston/archive/2005/12/10/2488.aspx