Hi,

I'm new to WiX and have been trying the WiXEdit tool to build an installer.
I have been working through a turorial and successfully built the initial
MSI file with a custome dialog to collect user information that will be
written to the registry but now I have come up against a few issues I can't
get around:

1 - Default value of a propoerty

I have 2 properties that are populated by a regirstry search. These property
values then form the default values in textboxes on my custom form. This
works OK. When the registry key is not there or empty how can I give the
property a default value?

<Property Id="MDBFULLPATH">
      <RegistrySearch Id="MDBPathRegistry" Type="raw" Root="HKLM"
Key="Software\eProject" Name="DataSource" />
    </Property>

2 - Upgrade / overwright existing installation

I'm getting a bit confused about this. I was previously using the freeware
AdvancedInstaller to build by MSI http://www.advancedinstaller.com/ . There
was a simple tick box in the editor that meant the MSI file created would
automatically upgrade older versions of the product already installed.  How
can I achieve this in WiX?

I am happy for every minor upgrade to be treated as a major upgrade but I
can't get past the MSI detecting that another version of the product is
already installed.

This is as far as I have managed to get
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13170370/eProject.wxs eProject.wxs  &
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13170370/eprojectwixui.wixlib