Hi all,

I want to redirect the Targtefolder of an mergemodule. But this mergemodule is
created by VisualStudio2005. Orca shows me that there is a CustomAction that
changes a Property of the Merge module and at the moment I trigger a
CustomAction and overwrite these data, but it seems not the best solution. But
there is also a ModuleConfiguration Table that contains ( I think) the
retargetable Folder but when I change it in Wix with the „ConfigurationData“
Tag the msi shows me the network location not accessable, so I think I do
something wrong… or at least at the wrong time so that the TARGETDIR property
is not set yet, because it is a configurable directory.

Especially when the user want to install to another directory than C: I get
serious problems with my solution at the beginning, so perhaps someone knows
how to redirect a merge module the right way.

Thanks, Peter