-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David
Blankley
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 11:25 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Files in xml not being installed

Below is the output from 2 files.  It looks a little different than
yours.

The first is successfully installed when I run the msi/msp.  The 2nd is
not found on the installed media.

Is there a way I can look inside the cab inside the msi to confirm that
the "missing" file is indeed in the msi?

Thanks.
Dave

MSI (s) (80:CC) [11:50:11:031]: Executing op:
FileCopy(SourceName=MARKET_4.WMI|MarketDepthBkgrd.wmif,SourceCabKey=file
2279,DestName=MarketDepthBkgrd.wmif,Attributes=0,FileSize=800039,PerTick
=32768,,VerifyMedia=1,,,,,CheckCRC=0,,,InstallMode=58982400,HashOptions=
0,HashPart1=-89917452,HashPart2=1694465066,HashPart3=1569586833,HashPart
4=299802530,,)
MSI (s) (80:CC) [11:50:11:031]: File:
I:\builder\WarlordOld\Warlord0.66\Pfiles\Warlord\Trade
Images\MarketDepthBkgrd.wmif;   Won't Overwrite;        Won't patch;
Existing file is unversioned and unmodified - hash matches source file

MSI (s) (80:CC) [11:50:11:046]: Executing op:
FileCopy(SourceName=CONFIR_1.WMI|confirm_input.wmif,SourceCabKey=file268
3,DestName=confirm_input.wmif,Attributes=0,FileSize=14079,PerTick=32768,
,VerifyMedia=1,,,,,CheckCRC=0,,,InstallMode=58982400,HashOptions=0,HashP
art1=1644515610,HashPart2=1582559771,HashPart3=-1450576442,HashPart4=203
2300175,,)
MSI (s) (80:CC) [11:50:11:046]: File:
I:\builder\WarlordOld\Warlord0.66\Pfiles\Warlord\Trade
Images\confirm_input.wmif;      Won't Overwrite;        Won't patch;

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, Chad Petersen wrote:

> I've never seen a log file be inaccurate as to what happened. And I've
> never seen a log file give the same info for files that are installed
> versus not installed. Look for the logging of the Component. For the
> Components that do not get installed does it say Action: Null? See the
> example below of two identical files that are installed (Action:
Local)