Yep... definitely shouldn't be moving built-in files like msbuild.exe.
Lots of bad things can happen as most of those sorts of tools assume they
are in a particular location when you're using them.

Better to qualify your path to the file or use the windows path to get a
reference to it via batch files or something.

Kelly

hina1703 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
10/19/2007 09:58 AM

wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
Re: [WiX-users] Adding Bootstrapper code to wxs file. (Somebody, please
guide....)

Yes. I copied MSBuild.exe from
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727 to C:\WIX\Test_Dot_NET for
building purpose.

Thanks,
Hina

John Vottero wrote:

> Is that all the diagnostic output?  The "Initial Properties" section
> seems to be missing.
>
> Did you move or copy the MSBuild.exe executable?  If so, don't.  It
> looks for other files (like *.task) in the same location as the
> executable.

This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Unless indicated
to the contrary: it does not constitute professional advice or
opinions upon which reliance may be made by the addressee or any
other party, and it should be considered to be a work in progress.
Unless stated otherwise, this communication does not form a prescribed
statement of actuarial opinion under American Academy of Actuaries
guidelines.