First of all, thank you for answering.. my problem is that the checkbox
sticks to the value provided long before the script runs, no matter what
value I provide, and if I don't specify one, it remains unchecked because of
the default 'empty' value of the property. It seems to be immune to whatever
I do, but I'll retry again, and give a feedback.

Thanks till that time!