Hi,

I ran in some issue with upgrades, and when I checked the logs, I found that
the version numbers were 4 fields ( 1.0.0.1 ). MSDN tells me that it will
ignore the 4th part, so I have changed my version to 1.0.1, which works.

The problem is I show my product version (in about box) based on my .net
assembly version, which has 4 fields, but for MSI, I use 3 fields, so
Add/remove shows 3 fields.

I would like to know why MSI doesn't support 4 field versions. Any best
practices for versioning?

Thanks,

Nitin