Just wondering how I can go about enabling trace from WiX custom actions.
The perf counter install is failing without letting me know why (other than
the standard windows installer error 1723, a DLL count not be run). I have
had a look through the wix CA code, and can see it uses standard
OutputDebugStringA, but can't see any trace output.

I can see the checks at the top to ensure the trace level is set correctly.
How do I go about setting the trace level correctly so I can see the debug
output?

Just FYI, a snippet of my code for installing the performance counter is as
follows.

        <!-- Queueing Related performance counters -->
        <Component Id="QueuingPerformanceCounters"
Guid="1643532C-75E0-4769-901F-1C01C17B494C" Directory="CoreBinaries">
            <CreateFolder Directory="CoreBinaries" />
            <util:PerformanceCategory Id="QPC"
                                      DefaultLanguage="english"
                                      Name="Queuing System"
                                      MultiInstance="no"
                                      Help="Measures statistics about the
queuing system."
                                      Library="netfxperf.dll"
                                      Open="OpenPerformanceData"
                                      Close="ClosePerformanceData"
                                      Collect="CollectPerformanceData">

                <util:PerformanceCounter Name="Messages Read/sec"
Type="rateOfCountsPerSecond32" />
                <util:PerformanceCounter Name="Total Messages Read"
Type="numberOfItems32" />
            </util:PerformanceCategory>
        </Component>

Anything wrong in there?