From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ben Reichelt
Sent: 23 November 2007 20:55
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] outlook com addin

I am making an installer for an Outlook vb6 COM addin.  The addin consists of 7
COM assemblies that need to be copied to the target machine and then have
regsvr32 called on each assembly. I have read that calling out to regsvr32.exe
from the msi is not recommended and instead you should manually create the
registry keys needed for each assembly.

The problem is that when I run heat.exe on my main assembly, it only generates
a <TypeLib> wix element, not everything that is  needed to registry the
assembly as an Outlook addin.  When I manually run regsvr32 after installation,
then the assembly is correctly added to Outlook.  I can't locate all the steps
necessary to property register an assembly as an Outlook addin, so I can't do
it manually at this point.

I have scoured the internet looking for someone else who has done this, but I
can't find anyone. Does anyone have experience in making Outlook (or Office)
addin installers?   Thanks
-- This message has been scanned for viruses by Sophos PureMessage.