In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
    Sneha Gharpure <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  writes:

> Creating a registry entry is just an example.
> My question is, if suppose I have a custom action which is an "immediate"
> custom action and if I want to add a rollback for that custom action, how do
> I add it and what is the correct sequence for that?

Anything that modifies the system should be a deferred custom action
and not immediate.  The rollback action for a deferred custom action
should be sequenced before the custom action so that it is written
into the rollback script before the system is modified by the deferred
custom action.  I enforced this constraint by writing an ICE and using
a naming convention for custom actions that could check the proper
sequencing.  i.e. use MyFoo for the name of the custom action and
MyRollbackFoo for the name of the rollback action.  The ICE can then
validate that MyRollbackFoo is a rollback CA and that it is sequenced
in the execute sequence before MyFoo.