Hi,
  I didn't understand your question,
What i have understood is- you want to write to registry and you want to
delete that value from registry,

If you want to write to registry
Try this
<Registry Action="createKeyAndRemoveKeyOnUninstall" Id="name_application"
Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\Application_name\version">
                <Registry Action="write" Value="[INSTALLDIR]" Type="string"
/>
              </Registry>

And on uninstallation it will automatically remove it from the registry,