are you testing by running from an elevated command prompt? I believe this
will cause impersonated actions to be elevated.
No, Running uninstallation from an elevated command prompt is the only way I
am able to cleanly uninstall the product along with the database. The
uninstallation fails when I am trying to uninstall by going to Add Remove
Programs and clicking on uninstall.

If you turned impersonation *off* this would help you for the local
installation case – as the action then runs as LocalSystem, which is a
member of BUILTIN\Administrators
Which immediate custom actions are you talking about here? And I am assuming
you want me to edit the MSI with a post build event to turn off
impersonation for these immediate actions that you mention of?

My product installs a database on a local machine only, which it does create
sucessfully without any issues even on SQLExpress. Like I mentioned earlier,
the issue is only when I uninstall and the installer attempts to drop the
database.

Do you think I should simply do a DropOnUninstall="no" so that the database
is not dropped by the custom actions generated by the WiXSQLExtension and
manually drop the database from a VBScript custom action which is deferred?

Jacob