From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of dmcweeney
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:00 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] product search using product code?

Hi,

I'm in the process of moving 4 installers to Wix from Wise and trying to fix
up some problems that were made in the Wise edited installers as regards
product codes, upgrade codes etc.

One basic question I have is it possible to search if a product is installed
if you know the product code. If so how? I want to put in some logic that
will force a manual remove of existing install before doing new install of
Wix built installers. I also want to check if product A is installed, then
product B cannot be and visa versa. These existing products do not create
any registry entries.

Also it is good practise or recommended to create registry entries for
tracking if your product is installed - I know if I had some in the previous
products I could do a registry search.

Thanks

        Donal