Wait, are you saying it's possible to add that entry? I was under the
impression that the way Windows Installer caches MSIs, it can no longer
authenticate the digital signature of the file as it has been changed.

Joel Peterson

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bob Arnson
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:59 PM
To: Ryan Elliott
Cc: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] MSI's and unknown publisher

Ryan Elliott wrote:

I have noticed that when I run an MSI that I have developed via WIX, I
get a UAC prompt as expected to install the files. However, in the UAC
prompt, it states that the MSI is from an "Unknown Publisher". Does
anyone know if I need to specify anything within my WIX file to populate
this entry?

No, it comes from an Authenticode digital signature.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/