Upgrades ( including Major ) can't migrate an installed application from
per-user to all-users.  You have to first uninstall the app for each user who
might have installed it and then reinstall the application as all user.    This
servicing ugliness is the reason for MSI Tao Rule # 30.

  http://blogs.msdn.com/windows_installer_team/archive/2006/05/24/605835.aspx

Chad Blomquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  In my initial realease of a product, the installer left the ALLUSERS property
undefined.  As a result, the software seems to be installed per-user instead of
for all users on the system.  When I correct this and set the ALLUSERS property
to 1, the upgrade fails to remove the old version.  If, in the new installer, I
leave ALLUSERS undefined, upgrade works as expected.

What should I do to remove the previous versions?

Access, No Cost.