It's also useful when invokd by a bootstrapper that it passes some data into
the install to tell it information about where it was invoked from and that it
is being serviced from a bootstrapper.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:  I think I posted something in regards to this. Well,
without grilling anyone as to why they would want to know this:

Check the "OriginalDatabase" msi property. The may give the you the MSI file.
Also check out the "SourceDir" property. "SourceDir" is from the Directory
table. "SourceDir" gives you the directory where the MSI as launched.

Be aware, the meanings of these properties may not mean the same during
REINSTALL / UNINSTALL. "OriginalDatabase" could then be the cashed msi.

Regards,
Aris J. Green