Adam Majer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The limitation is with Windows Installer, *not* WiX. The correct way of
doing this is either,

  I'm afraid you missed the entire meaning of my comment.  I fully understand
how to deal with execute sequence mutex and composing applications from
multiple packages in both of the scenarios you mention as I've both written
extremly complex bootstrappers and chained packages using SMS 2003.

  I was talking about articles I've read from certain WiX advocates that state
you should simplify the problem by eliminating it.   That somehow an
AppSearch/LaunchCondition implementation telling the user to go download and
install something is good enough and that you generally don't need a
bootstrapper capable of streamlining this process.   Thus, WiX's capabilities
in this area are weak compared to competing products because the need is
perceived to not be there.