Neil Enns wrote:
The problem with option 1 is that it means we have to give up control of the end-to-end install and out of box experience for our product.

A bootstrapper gives you more control over UI than you could possibly get with MSI's UI.

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why the .NET team had to go with the distribution solution they did.

It's a Windows Installer limitation (that also applies to CBS, for example) but has been lifted in MSI 4.5 with its support for multi-package transactions.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/