Bootstrappers - how to and why. Seems a very common question.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Neil Enns
Sent: 05 June 2008 22:05
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] What kind of "How To" docs would you like to see?

Next week I'll be taking some time to write a bunch of "How To" pages on WiX
3 to hopefully include in the WiX.chm file. Mostly this is because every
time I try and do basic things I wind up having to do all kinds of searches
online to find the answer :)

While I have some ideas on what to include, I'd like your thoughts as well.
Here are my two questions:

1)      What little piece of WiX do you constantly find yourself forgetting
how to do that you would like a quick reference for? For example, "How to:
Find the file version of a file on disk." Or "How To: Read a value from the
registry."

2)      If you've asked a question on wix-users recently and got a good
answer, send me the mail. That'll help me have something to start from when
I write the docs :)

Thanks!

Neil
18:29