Hey Neil:

Thanks for responding. Sure, I do have other directories like:

<Directory Id="ProgramFilesFolder">
<Directory Id="DesktopFolder">
<Directory Id="SystemFolder">
<Directory Id="CommonAppDataFolder" Name="MyDataDir">
<Directory Id="ProgramMenuFolder">

But only 2 of these are direct children of the parent TARGETDIR folder so
things seem a bit arbitrary here. Why not just call the top level
<Directory> tag <Directories> since there really isn't the parent child
relationship that the file format suggests - at least suggests to me. The
larger mystery is the relatioship between the ID and the Name. I'm sure I'll
figure it out eventually...

-Chris