Andreas,

You'll need to manually build each localized version of your MSI. Votive
doesn't currently support building multiple installers per language, nor
selecting between them at build time. Here's the information from the "How To:
Build a localized installer" topic in our new help file:

How To: Build a Localized Version of Your Installer

Once you have described all the strings in your installer using language files,
as described in How To: Make your installer localizable, you can then build
versions of your installer for each supported language. This how to explains
building the localized installers both from the command line and using Votive.

Option 1: Building localized installers from the command line

The first step in building a localized installer is to compile your WiX sources
using candle.exe:

candle.exe myinstaller.wxs -out myinstaller.wixobj
After the intermediate output file is generated you can then use light.exe to
generate multiple localized MSIs:

light.exe myinstaller.wixobj -cultures:en-us -loc en-us.wxl -out
myinstaller-en-us.msi
light.exe myinstaller.wixobj -cultures:fr-fr -loc fr-fr.wxl -out
myinstaller-fr-fr.msi
The -loc flag is used to specify the language file to use. It is important to
include the -cultures flag on the command line to ensure the correct localized
strings are included for extensions such as WiXUIExtension.

Option 2: Building localized installers using Votive

If a single language file is included in your Votive project it will
automatically be used for strings when your MSI is built.

If you need to localize to multiple languages you will need to manually run
light.exe on the intermediate output from your votive project with the
appropriate command line, as described in Option 1 above. The intermediate
output file is typically located in the obj\ folder under your project, so the
command line will look like this when run from a command window in your
project's obj\ folder:

light.exe myinstaller.wixobj -cultures:en-us -loc ..\en-us.wxl -out
..\bin\debug\myinstaller-en-us.msi
light.exe myinstaller.wixobj -cultures:fr-fr -loc ..\fr-fr.wxl -out
..\bin\debug\myinstaller-fr-fr.msi