Hi,

I've posted this issue before and didn't get any replies, so if there's a
better (MSI-specific?) place to post this, I'm happy to do that.

I'm having an issue with an installer I've created with WiX.  I'm using the
latest weekly version, and before that was using a version 4 or 5 releases back.
When I run the install for the first time, it runs fine.
When I uninstall for the first time, it runs fine.

I've gone through the install logs line by line for these, and they don't seem
to have any major errors.

When I try to reinstall after uninstalling, the log is identical until the
start of ProcessComponents.
After 'Executing op: ProgressTotal...', I get an error for every
ComponentUnregister (for every component in a feature I choose not to install),
And after that on ComponentRegister for every other component.

Here is the ComponentUnregister error:

Executing op: ComponentUnregister(ComponentId={[Component
GUID]},,BinaryType=0,PreviouslyPinned=1)
1: {[Product GUID]} 2: {[Component GUID]}
Note: 1: 1402 2: UNKNOWN\Components\0009AC226832F79408503FC8C3821B12 3: 1450
[Snip - error table lookup fails]
DEBUG: Error 2909:  Could not unregister component {[Component GUID]}.

On a successful install, I get 'Note: 1: 1402 2: [...] 3: 2' instead of '3:
1450'

The same happens with ComponentRegister, except that there are no 'Note's
between ComponentRegister calls.  I get this on the unsuccessful install:

MSI (s) (E8:60) [15:07:59:133]: Note: 1: 1402 2:
UNKNOWN\Components\F7CC39F422EA75F42A4D338196723D7B 3: 1450
[Snip - error table lookup fails]
DEBUG: Error 2908:  Could not register component
{4F93CC7F-AE22-4F57-A2D4-33186927D3B7}.

I'm not sure where 'F7CC39F422EA75F42A4D338196723D7B' comes from - it's not a
GUID from my project.

After pressing OK for the error message for every component, the install
finishes and the product works the same as the first install.
If I try to uninstall after this, I don't get any error messages, no files or
registry keys are removed.

I've found out that some similar looking problems are to do with entries in
SharedDLL key in the registry, so I checked and none of the files from my
install were in there.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be much appreciated.
(Sorry about the long post)