I actually sorted the problem (a typo :().  I would still be interested to find
out how others structure their projects.

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Adam Connelly
Sent: 17 July 2008 11:19
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Wix and MSBuild

Hi,

I currently trying to add a task into my MSBuild file that will create the
various MSI files needed for the project.  I've got the following file
structure:

Root/
  Build.xml
  Code/
    Deploy/
      ProjA
      ProjB
  Installs/
    ProjA.wxs

Sorry if that's not amazingly clear.  Basically, all the assemblies, etc for
each project are in Code/Deploy/ProjX, and the wix file is in
Installs/ProjX.wxs.  I want to be able to build an installer while keeping this
structure if possible.

The problem I'm having is that although candle.exe runs fine, light.exe can't
seem to find the source files no-matter if I set the -b switch, or if I alter
the Source attributes in the wxs file.

I guess what I really want to know is how do other people structure their
builds when there may be multiple projects needing installers built, etc.

Sorry for such a broad question.

Cheers,
Adam