In the past I've found CAB files in the MSI's Binary table, and used
Orca to extract the CAB, then used Windows Explorer to get at the
contents. But the MSIs produced by the WiX toolset on a project I've
inherited don't have a CAB visible anywhere. The binaries are definitely
inside the MSI, though --the Wise Installation Studio manages to extract
them-- so how do I get at them?

Also, MSIs I've worked with before can be installed in Admin mode
(msiexec /a ...) but with these MSIs, there's only a "Finished" dialog,
and it took me a while to find that the files had been installed to Y:\
What do I need to do to make Admin installs manageable from a WiX MSI?
(I'm still a WiX newb)

Thanks

(using WiX 2 stable with WixUI.wixlib and WixUI_en-us.wxl)