> The case that gets really tricky is to have one build where a Resource

> disappears (usually accidentally) then the next build where the
> Resource comes back.  It needs to get the same Component and GUID.

I have written a tool that auto-generates .wxs files for some parts of
my project - we ship a lot of example scripts. It only handles files and
generates one component per file. The tool maintains a database (well,
an XML file) that lists all the GUIDs ever allocated, and adds entries
as it needs. That file is kept in source control.

This seems to work well for me - have I missed something important?

Regards,
John