From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of James Minnis
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2008 09:15
To: 'General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.'
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Merge Module Help

That's unfortunate.

I could probably write something to keep the GUIDs standardized, but it
would be more work than it's worth for a hobby project I'm doing in my spare
time.

Most of our updates will only involve changes to text files rather than
adding or removing files.  That implies a patch to me.  If we have to add or
remove more than a small number of files, I guess we'll bite the bullet and
do a major upgrade.  It isn't ideal but it will work.

I submitted a feature request (#2022259).  Hopefully it will get some
attention.

-Jamey