I'm trying to update my MMC Snap In installer to automatically pull version
info from the managed snap-in dll.  I've used the variable
"!(bind.assemblyFullName.SampleSnapIn.dll)" to get the fullname, but in
Orca, it has the actual binder variable text in the registry table, instead
of the replaced value I'm looking for.

I followed
http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/02/08/get-binder-variables-for-assemblies-without-installing-into-the-gac.aspxas
my assembly is not GACed.  I also read through the previous threads in
the group about binder variables, and Ias a result, I've added the -fv
switch to the "Linker" box (for light, for non Votive users)...

Still no dice.  Is there something I'm missing?  Shouldn't this be working
as I have it?

Chris

*
*