-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of MarkZune
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:36 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Installing multiple windows services with
single exe

That was my initial thought as well. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to
work.
As you said, it compiles fine, but I get an error that the service
wasn't
installed correctly when running the install.

Christopher Karper wrote:

> InstallUtil is a DLL that uses the installer classes compiled into
your
> managed service.  So, none of the service deployment information is
going
> be in the file generated by dark.  You will have to look up the
> ServiceInstall element, and enter the same information you have in the
> self
> installer.   You don't even need the installer class at that point for
> release deployment.   I leave mine in FWIW, so I can do easier
> install/uninstall during development and so that I can have people do
> manual InstallUtil run if they have issues in the field.
>
> As far as installing 2 services from the same executable, you will
just
> need
> 2 ServiceInstall elements (one for each service) in the component
> containing
> your executable file.  I know this will build in Wix, but I have not
> tested
> that it will work on deployment..  That I leave as an exercise for the
OP.
> :-D
>
> Chris

challenge
prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world