I'm trying to get the default SQL Server Instance using the following:
<Property Id="SQL_INS" <RegistrySearch Id="SQL_INS_SRC"
Root="HKLM"Key="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server"
Name="InstalledInstances" Type="raw"/></Property>
This SHOULD return one or more values in the format
~InstanceName1~InstanceName2~InstanceName3. Mine however returns nothing, even
though there is a value there. If I use this same Property against a string
registry value it returns the single text string without a problem. I'd like to
be able to return the first value from this mutli string registry entry. How do
I do that?
Thanks,
Zane