-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tony
Juricic
Sent: 31 July 2008 15:56
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Does Pyro (or Torch) ignore 4-th version number?

I have 120 MB large Wixmst created by Torch and when I pass it to Pyro
it comes back with the message PYRO1079 saying that patch cabinet
contains no files.

My DLLs in RTM and Update respectively differ in the last, 4-th version
number, plus the binaries themselves are different. Using SDK tools for
patch creation these DLLs would be updated when applying the patch. I
tested that long before I started using WiX and I am 100% sure that SDK
doesn't ignore fourth version number for file substitution rules.

So I am wondering if Pyro is ignoring binary differences if first 3
version numbers are the same?

Patch.wxs content is the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";>

  <Patch AllowRemoval="yes" Classification="Update" Codepage="1252" ...
various other attributes>

    <Media Id="1000" Cabinet="RTM.cab" EmbedCab="yes">

      <PatchBaseline Id="RTM"/>

    </Media>

    <PatchFamily Id="MyPatchFamily" Version="1.0.0" Supersede="yes">

      <ComponentRef Id="some component" />

      ... a bunch of components follows

   </PatchFamily>

  </Patch>

</Wix>

Thanks

.

HBOS plc, Registered in Scotland No. SC218813. Registered Office: The Mound,
Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. HBOS plc is a holding company, subsidiaries of which are
authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

HBOS is a carbon neutral company.  Help keep it that way.  Please don't print
this message unless you really must.