Hi,

I am using Wix 3.0.4318.0.  I have created a Wix project using Votive
and have added it to TFS.  I am attempting to either customise the
whole DefaultConstants property inside my TFSBuild.proj file or create
a property which is referenced in the DefaultsConstants property at no
avail.

I have created a property insode the BeforeCompile target inside
TFSBuild.proj like this

    <CreateProperty Value="TestString">
      <Output TaskParameter="Value" PropertyName="TestProp"/>
    </CreateProperty>

and then Votive has a reference to using the Define preprocessor

Test=$(TestProp).

When checking the Build log, the candle command line lists the Test
var as empty.

I have also tried another approach of attempting to override the whole
DefaultsConstants property inside TFSBuild.proj.  Is there a way to
get variables to the candle compiler?

Thanks