From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Rerick
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 1:03 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] custom action

All,

For a product install, I need to check some attributes of the installed SQL
Server database and also make sure that the SQL Browser service is running.
This needs to be checked before the product is installed.

I have a VB script (I know they are evil, but I this is a requirement I can't
get around) that checks the database for the specific attributes. If the
attributes are not enabled, the script asks the user if they want to enable
them and restart the database service. It also checks the SQL Browser service
to be sure the start mode is Automatic and that it is started. If not, the user
is prompted to change it and start the service. The script works correctly and
does exactly what I need it to do.

If the user does not want to enable the attributes and restart the service or
doesn't want to start the SQL Browser service, the install needs to terminate
immediately. The product can not be installed if the database attributes are
not enabled or if SQL Browser isn't running.

My question:  what MSI variable(s) do I set in the VB script so that the
installer will abort the install as soon as the script is finished? I have
looked in the MSI Properties documentation but can't find any variable that
would do that. I would like this to be treated as an error in the install and
have the installer go directly to the Finish screen.

Thanks for all of your help.

Mike Rerick

Sr. Software Engineer - Professional Services

  <blocked::http://www.iwsinc.com/>

9200 S.E. Sunnybrook Blvd., Suite 170

Clackamas, OR   97015

Phone: (503) 353-8068    Fax: (503) 353-8065

The information contained in this transmission contains potentially privileged,
export controlled and/or confidential information of Imageware Systems, Inc. or
its customers or partners.  It is intended only to be read by the person(s)
named above and for no other purpose.  You are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, duplication of this communication or use of its
contents for any purpose not authorized expressly by Imageware Systems, Inc. is
strictly prohibited and could lead to both civil and/or criminal penalties.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited to review the contents
herein and please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message.  To reply to our e-mail administrator directly, please
send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]