Bob - Thanks for your help.
> You might need to rebuild dutil.lib with VS2005; we build the ship
> versions with VS2008.

I downloaded the source. I could not import the VC project that comes
with source.
While trying to compile in VC2005, I get a ton of errors:
1>inetutil.cpp
1>c:\temp\wixv3_src\src\dutil\conutil.h(73) : error C2061: syntax error
: identifier '__in_z'
1>c:\temp\wixv3_src\src\dutil\conutil.h(78) : error C2061: syntax error
: identifier '__in_z'
1>c:\temp\wixv3_src\src\dutil\conutil.h(84) : error C2061: syntax error
: identifier '__in_z'
1>c:\temp\wixv3_src\src\dutil\conutil.h(89) : error C2065:
'__deref_out_z' : undeclared identifier
..
        I do not have my project settings right.
        Do you have a vcproj file that is compatible with VC2005 -- what
should the settings be?

        Thanks,

Radha