From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Pally Sandher
Sent: Tue 9/09/2008 5:15 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Custom action call problem

You have no inner text set for your CustomActions so they will always
execute whenever the MSI is run (install, repair/upgrade & uninstall).

Use <CustomAction Id="...>NOT Installed</CustomAction> to make it run
only during installation. If you change it to 'NOT Installed OR
REINSTALL' it will run during both install & repair/upgrade.

Use <CustomAction Id="...>Installed AND NOT REINSTALL</CustomAction> to
make it run only during uninstallation. If you only had 'Installed' in
the inner text it would also run during repair/upgrade which is probably
not what you wish to happen.

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment and IT Administrator

T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501
http://www.iesve.com <http://www.iesve.com/>

**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**

Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP

Email Disclaimer