Thanx -- I actually have an alternate wix installer already for our
product -- I really just need to add another component or two and some
more custom actions. For the most part the work is in rewriting the
custom actions. Other than that, I just need to reorganize it a bit and
use the old component and product IDs.

Hmmmm -- tallow looks pretty useful. Could probably use a mention in the
help file (although I'm using wix2).