Thanks greenaj the public properties fixed the issue! =============== I might
be wrong, check up on this, but make the properties you want to modify in your
UI sequence public, i.e. their names all in capital letters. Your immediate CA,
which I believe is running in the InstallExecuteSequence, should be able to see
the changed values modified during the UI sequence.If you haven't yet, get the
MSI SDK which is part of the Windows SDK and check out properties in the
documentation. The documentation has proven to be an invaluable reference to
me.Regards,greenaj> From: Nic Barden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> To: <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>> Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 16:48:39 +0000> Subject: [WiX-users] Custom
Action requiring properties> > Hi,> > I am writing a custom action with DTF in
C#. My custom action performs token replacement of database name, servername
etc for SQL scripts.> My understanding is that this should be done as an
immediate CA, and then schedule the built in SQL CA as deferred to use the
files that I have performed the replacements on. I also believe that immediate
CA's should have access to the session properties, whereas deferred do not
(please let me know if this is not the case).> However, my issue is that when I
access the properties via session["myprop"], the property doesn't appear to
reflect the runtime value (which has been updated via the UI before my CA
runs). The value it returns is the same that is in the Property table.> > I
have checked the property is in fact updated by adding a second textbox bound
to the same property and it does in fact change once the value in textbox 1
updates.> Am I configuring something wrong? Or am I misunderstanding how this
works?> > Cheers>