I am packaging the helper assembly with the custom action by passing it as
the last parameter to MakeSfxCA.

The verbose log has the following around the error message.
MSI (s) (EC:14) [08:38:00:565]: Doing action:
InitInstallDIR.FE2FB413_1E39_4B13_AC8B_A3F8022742C4
Action 8:38:00: InitInstallDIR.FE2FB413_1E39_4B13_AC8B_A3F8022742C4.
Action start 8:38:00: InitInstallDIR.FE2FB413_1E39_4B13_AC8B_A3F8022742C4.
MSI (s) (EC:10) [08:38:00:569]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL:
C:\Windows\Installer\MSI2C2A.tmp, Entrypoint: InitInstallDIR
MSI (s) (EC:88) [08:38:00:570]: Generating random cookie.
MSI (s) (EC:88) [08:38:00:576]: Created Custom Action Server with PID 6012
(0x177C).
MSI (s) (EC:90) [08:38:00:605]: Running as a service.
MSI (s) (EC:90) [08:38:00:606]: Hello, I'm your 32bit Impersonated custom
action server.
MSI (s) (EC:14) [08:38:00:610]: Note: 1: 1723 2:
InitInstallDIR.FE2FB413_1E39_4B13_AC8B_A3F8022742C4 3: InitInstallDIR 4:
C:\Windows\Installer\MSI2C2A.tmp
DEBUG: Error 2835:  The control ErrorIcon was not found on dialog SetupError
Internal Error 2835. ErrorIcon, SetupError
Error 1723.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL
required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support
personnel or package vendor.  Action
InitInstallDIR.FE2FB413_1E39_4B13_AC8B_A3F8022742C4, entry: InitInstallDIR,
library: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI2C2A.tmp
MSI (s) (EC:14) [08:38:09:138]: Product: MyProduct -- Error 1723.There is a
problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install
to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package
vendor.  Action InitInstallDIR.FE2FB413_1E39_4B13_AC8B_A3F8022742C4, entry:
InitInstallDIR, library: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI2C2A.tmp