Neil Sleightholm wrote:
> 2. I wouldn't bother in CVS they are as good as useless. The tools I
> have seem to only show labels on files and not the whole project and I
> have never found a way of doing a get by label - even VSS can do that!

If by "labels" you mean "tags", then they aren't useless at all.  In
fact, I can't imagine using CVS without them.  Projects typically tag
releases; and ("sticky") tags are how branches work in CVS.

Of course they're per-file; everything is per-file in CVS.  But you
typically tag multiple files at once; and you typically check out files
with a particular tag.  See "cvs co -r".

--
Braden McDaniel                      e-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<http://endoframe.com>               Jabber: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>