There is a way using Environment variables to set a breakpoint, but I've
found that to be more trouble than it's worth. You can put a call at the
beginning of your CA to MessageBox.Show, and then when that pops up, you can
attach to the process then.   Make sure you attach to the CA managed
process, not the installer process.

Chris